January 21, 2012
Ken Bradley has done a fabulous job for Winter Park and we need to thank Nancy Miles for running (not withstanding her negative campaign) because campaigns force us to pay attention to our progress.
Read the endorsement of six former Winter Park Mayors: Bradley is Clear Choice.
Overall, the financial stability of Winter Park has improved dramatically under Ken’s leadership. Additionally, our housing values have stabilized and our parks, roads, trees, bike paths and downtown area have all improved, securing our unique quality of life in difficult economic times while other communities continue to face challenges.
Pay attention to major events of the past three years under Ken Bradley’s leadership:
- The all new Winter Park Community Center is approved and completed within budget.
- Winter Park Towers expansion and improvements are approved.
- Fleet Peeples Park dog fees reversed and park improvements approved.
- Improvements to Central Park completed.
- Alfond Inn is approved on the former Langford hotel property.
- Electric under-grounding plan continued with major elements completed.
- Vitality of downtown up and vacancy rates drop.
- Agreed to exchange Denning Avenue property for roughly equivalent property on Orange Avenue to stimulate new class A office development and employment.
- Property Tax rate held constant after earlier increase under former Mayor. (2011-12 Budget) (last column below should read “11/12”)
- Expenses controlled, increasing less than 1.7% per year. (2011-12 Budget)
- Reserves increased from 6.7% to 26% of general fund spending and from $4.4 million to $11 million from fiscal year end 2009 through the fiscal year end 2012. (2011-12 Budget)
The positive results in Winter Park are the result of positive leadership.
Vote for Ken Bradley.
Regards, Pete Weldon